Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Discoveries

Since Sunday, I've made all kinds of discoveries about cocktails. Here are a few for your reading pleasure:

Discovery Number 1: As you all know, I have zero tolerance for cocktails served in the early 20th century. No seriously, I don't remember the last time so few alcohol units knocked me out that fast.

Discovery Number 2: Time is just as much an ingredient as the liquor you are using. Whether Father Time has changed cocktails for better or for worse is subjective. Good or bad, there's no denying, the slash of his scythe brands the cocktail timeline.

Discovery Number 3: I have an insufficient liquor cabinet. This must be rectified. Therefore, in an effort, no matter how feeble it may be, to bolster my liquor cabinet, this weekend I will add the following to my skeleton crew:

- Dry Vermouth
- Sweet Vermouth
- Curacao
- Grand Marnier
- Orange Bitters

I've got a feeling this is going to be a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment