Thursday, December 8, 2011

Herbes de Provence: Part II

I have been meaning to post back about my Herbes de Provence experiment a couple of weeks ago...but once again, I have found myself preoccupied with other tasks, i.e.: pimping my newly completed, historical fiction novel about the world to literary agents and publishers (no news yet to report) and now I'm knee deep in writing my food piece for my column in Vintage Life Magazine (I'll be posting a short blog about that one too), not to mention tending to the care and feeding of my ever hungry, ridiculously expensive to maintain, husband. Oh, and how can I forget about Christmas shopping. Whew...it's been busy.

In any case, here's what I've surmised from my experience with Herbes de Provence: You can use them on anything you would season with basil, oregano, etc. They are simply lovely, earthy with a floral delicateness. As a devout Italian, and true to my heritage, I use garlic, basil, oregano and parsley in just about everything, but being the experimental home cook that I am, I plan on finding a recipe for a roast with an Italian herb crust...and substituting Herbes de Provence for my usual Italian herb arsenal.

Now go...grab your Herbes and get cooking...and please, let me know of any good recipes for these delightful bouquet of herbes.

No comments:

Post a Comment