Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Professional Attempt

I think we all have those restaurants that seem to do just about everything right, and they're usually located in a place where the best of everything resides, downtown. Well, one of my favorite places serves up the most delicate and delicious fries I've ever eaten. They're no ordinary fries, either. They're sweet, with just a hint of salty and a splash of tang, served with the most divine garlic aioli. To put it simply, I would eat them for breakfast if I had them.

Well, I was able to uncover the recipe's components:

Champagne Vinegar and Sugar, reduced
Sea Salt
Herbes de Provence
French Fries, thin cut

Combine the first three ingredients and when the fries are fresh out of the frier (or oven), drain and immediately toss them with the mixture. The heat from the fries will caramelize the mixture, making it stick.

Even though I'm pretty sure I should leave this one to the experts and simply enjoy them as the signature of one of my favorite restaurants, I simply can't leave well enough alone. I'm determined to discover the correct dimensions, perfect the technique and report back to you.

So, in the meantime, talk amongst yourselves until I return.

Cheers!

PS - If anyone has thoughts on what the dimensions should be, please feel free to share them here. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment